domingo, 15 de mayo de 2011

Soul Food.

Today we started quite late. Margaritas are delish, but kind of heavy on your eagerness. So to bring the eagerness up again and working, we got a Pam's special Sunday Brunch. You will Haight me if you don't yet: homemade gluten free waffles, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs (yes, the eggs that we picked up the day before), fresh fruit, coffee and juice. And mountain views. You can't really have Sunday Brunch in California without the views.

After some quite stressful future planning (not too stressful; just quite.;quite Londonian future, too) we set off for South Marin County. Namely: Tiburon, Corte Madera and San Rafael (enter joke about Spanish names in America here).

En Tiburón we found hateful houses inhabited by hateful people with hateful views. It was all too pretty to be nice. If only I could camp there forever...

In San Rafael we went to Sol Food to get some taste of Puerto Rican food. It was kind of late for a meal (even a Spanish one) and there was a queue outside. But everything went fast and nice and fantastic. Oh Puerto Rico. You rock. My meal had a salad, rice, pink beans, pork chops, pickled onion and tostones. I found out today that I prefer maduro. I need recipes. I need plátanos machos. I need Sol Food.
Oh yeah, and coconut juice. What do you say? That you didn't get enough food yet? You want more? No worries, that's what I'm here for, to fulfill all your dreams. Roughly 2 hours after this discovery, we had dinner waiting for us at home. Spaghetti bolognesa, garlic bread, wine and melon. All California special.

I know what you are thinking. This blog is becoming more of a Anthony Bourdain kind of journal, you do nothing but eat all day. And no, you are mistaken. We also drink and sleep and enjoy the California sun. You are just yellow.

1 comentario:

  1. Not sure if I can deal with the envy... my breakfast is prison-style in comparison!

    ResponderEliminar