martes, 17 de mayo de 2011

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head.

Off to San Francisco again. Weeeee!!! And you know the best part? I got shotgun! Both on the way in and the way out. Katheryn, thank you. I can be aggresive with my shotguns, but you never mind. Such a sweet soul.

Even though it seemed like a perfect day, surprise, surprise! It was a miserable autumn/fall day. Rain and rain and rain and rain and more rain. Boooo. It wasn't precisely a warm day either. So we just looked like this all day:

Идет дождь, бабушка! I could have been worse. And anyway, I'm used to it. I have that magic ability that, wherever I go, I bring coldness and wetness with me. We should find ourselves happy that it wasn't snowing or raining cows from the sky. Meanwhile, I wait for that day in which I will be able to put my coat away and stop looking like an eskimo.

The rain didn't stop us, though. How many lifetimes will we wait until we are in San Francisco again? So we took a fair promenade under the rain and we went to a wonderful Greek restaurant in which they served better food than in Greece. And I'm talking from experience here.

After that, off to H&M. Yay! I love them so... I know, I know. You are in San Francisco and you decide to get into H&M? We are not that water-resistant, though. We need warmth and happines from time to time.

After that impasse, China Town! We went walking there, so I think it is a good place to introduce my love for walks in the city. I love walking in San Francisco for two reasons: 1) It feels like Europe and 2) boys are beyond yummy! San Francisco feels like a mixture of Berlin, Barcelona and something else that I guess is native to San Francisco itself. So I feel at home and at the same time I feel like I'm in a new place that I want to explore. Yay! And boys... are they beautiful! And hipstery! A dream come true! Of course, 80% of the male population in San Francisco is gay. And I am certain than 97% of the boys I met in the street are so. But, do you go to the museums because you want to buy the paintings? That's what I thought.

So, China Town. China Town is a lot of fun. It was a gate and a couple of lions (like the ones in the Art Institute in Chicago):
We didn't have much time there. So we were just souvenir shopping (I <3 SF) and picture taking. In one corner we counted as many as 5 nationalities, if I am not mistaken.

And after that, run run run to The City Lights. It is a book store in the carrefour of 3 neighbourhoods: big buildings and ties, stripper paradise and Italian. Of course, I'm making up the names for the sake of literary impact. You get the geist. If I am not mistaken, that is the place where Howl was first read by Ginsberg. And the area has a Beat feeling to it. Not a block away you find the Beat museum.

However, it was time to go back home. It felt like fall. And what is the big day in fall? Thanksgiving! First Thanksgiving dinner for Flavia! Yay! And wasn't it amazing? It was. Oh, and in what levels!
I was soooo happy. I had seconds and thirds. And yes, we had leftovers. And yes, we are still eating them. And yes, I loove Thanksgiving. One more reason to come live in California. Thanksgiving every year!

After that, we had to keep it cool. The plan was to go to Chevy's to get Margaritas for Mel's birthday. But it was too much for our poor wretched bodies. The rain all day and the dinner were too much. And Melanie needed to rest, too. It doesn't matter. I am in California for Thanksgiving. In May.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario