sábado, 21 de mayo de 2011

I Want to Go to There.

I finally made my dream come true. I finally went to Berkeley. I know, I know... visiting Berkeley is not the same as attending the university. But it really is.

I spent the whole morning saying: I.... go to Berkeley. Where do YOU go? Because I GO to Berkeley. BERKELEY is where I go. Let's all front phrases and drive to Berkely. What a fun day. There you go.

I know. I totally go there. Our day in Berkeley was nothing out of the extraordinary, though. Some walking, some picture taking, some beer drinking, some thrift storing. You know, the usual. We did nothing that you can't do in your average Salamanca-like San Francisco-look-alike University centered city. It's as perfect as it sounds, though.

After all this strolling and laying on the grass, we went to pick up Alexandra's friend, Clay. Gee, that was fun. We went to have some Ethiopian food in Telegraph. If you haven't tried Ethiopian food yet, go get some NOW. It is amazing and fun. You have to eat it with your fingers and it is spicy, but not too much and it just sticks into you. Katheryn knows. Katheryn wants some more. And you'll now see why.

And what do you eat with this beauty? Honey wine! The only problem with Ethiopian food is that you have to eat that spongy bread all the time with it, and after a couple of morsels you are beyond full. And the leftovers stayed with Clay. Darn.

We were so full indeed that we needed to walk it off. So we took this gorgeous street with selected ice-creameries. I saw the house-apartment situation in Berkeley around that area. And I am definitely moving there. For real. And it's not only the houses, but the gardens. Oh, the gardens! I would show you pictures, but I'm not going to be that stupid. Those houses will be mine.

What's the only option in a May evening after a copious meal in Northern California? Whacky ice-cream! What did I get you mean? Lavender and Cardamom! One scoop lavender and one scoop cardamom. And lavender ice cream is the best thing I've ever tried in my life. If anybody has a recipe for lavender ice-cream, please, please, I beg you, give it to me. Please. Because I liked that ice-cream so much that I would take it behind Middle School.

And that was basically it. If anybody knows of a job or a master or a something in Berkeley that I could use, let me know. I will give you lavender ice-cream in return. It is totally worth it, I assure you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario